Wednesday, August 7, 2019

The Dutch House by Ann Patchett

Cyril Conroy brought his young family from poverty to riches and with his new money he bought The Dutch House, a beautiful estate in the suburbs outside Philadelphia. It was meant as a surprise for his wife, Elna. But it was more of a shock that Elna did not recover from and sent her running away to a country far from her husband and children. 
The children Maeve and Danny formed a strong, unbreakable bond, and managed to grow up without their mom, with the help of two house keepers and a nanny.
And then dad Cyril brings home Andrea, marries her and set in motion the very undoing of their family.
...I loved this book. I haven’t been reading as much as I used to, and this book reminded me why I love to read. 
Relationships between family, decisions that drastically change a life, love found and love lost...kept me reading until the last word.
I highly recommend this novel and look forward to the next one written by Ann Patchett!
Harper Collins, publisher
Due out September 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment