Sunday, January 12, 2020

Everything I Know About Love/ Dolly Alderton

When I started this book, after a chapter or two, I almost put it aside. The drunken escapades of a twenty year old...not for me. But I liked the writing style of the author, it was raw and honest. So, I kept reading. Although our life circumstances were very different, I started to feel a connection as Dolly went through her twenties, an emotional connection. To loves and loss, confusion, anxieties, carelessness..it was all right there. The feeling still that I’m a kid on the inside, but my outside is the old lady, is not limited to any one generation.
I heard myself say..oh no Dolly, don’t go down that road again..then I knew I was hooked...glad I stuck with this book.
Look closely at the title. It doesn’t say everything there is to know. It says everything I know by Dolly Alderton. And well worth the read.
*Note: The author is English, so there are references made in the book that you may not get. I was ok with that.
                                           Comes out next month/Harper Collins, Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment